Assistant Project Manager
The Assistant Project Manager is a key member of our project management and construction management team. This role is instrumental in ensuring seamless administration, customer communication, and documentation for our projects. The Assistant Project Manager will oversee subcontractor contract implementation and tracking, and support Project Managers in contract management, cost control, and documentation for various
- Collaborate closely with the Project Management Team to coordinate subcontractors and manage project documents effectively.
- Facilitate subcontractor contract management and tracking, ensuring compliance and accuracy.
- Lead the setup of new contracts, including comprehensive submittals and checklists.
- Handle job information sheet submittals, contract documentation, subcontractor contracts, and permit acquisition.
- Ensure project-specific Certificates of Insurance and labor rate sheets are up to date.
- Efficiently manage formal Change Order Requests, composing and submitting them promptly.
- Take charge of Change Order Management to ensure transparency and timely implementation.
- Monitor Monthly Pay Applications and Lien Waivers.
- Facilitate Contract Closeout Submittals, including the issuance of AIA Subcontracts.
- Assist in processing AIA Change Requests and Orders.
- Coordinate Project Manager’s approval for Subcontractor Invoices.
Project Procurement and Accounting Management
- Request missing subcontractor and supplier invoices for committed cost purchase orders.
- Keep a vigilant eye on project costs throughout their lifecycle and provide regular updates to Project Managers.
- Collaborate with the Construction Billing Manager to handle change orders for invoicing and progress billings.
- Conduct weekly project status reviews with Project Managers.
Project Record Keeping
- Maintain organized and accessible bid and contract Project files on our shared drive.
- Ensure all job documents in the shared drive are accurate and up to date, including Project Start/End Dates, Contract and Job Statuses, and contract notes.
- Safeguard all original fully executed paper documentation, including Executed Contracts, Change Orders, Subcontracts, and Lien Waivers.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Demonstrated organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel for cost tracking.
- Proven experience managing and prioritizing multiple projects concurrently.
- Self-sufficiency and the ability to work effectively both within a team and independently.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
Education / Experience
- High School Diploma/ GED
- At least 2 years of related project/construction coordination experience
- Valid Driver’s License