Administrative and Preconstruction Assistant
We are seeking an experienced administrative and preconstruction assistant to join our team. This full-time position is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day activities related to the administrative operations and organization of our different departments. The administrative and preconstruction assistant would be responsible for managing, organizing, and guiding the administrative team in performing their duties to ensure customer and vendor requirements are being met.
- Supervise and coordinate the administrative duties of the company and its different departments to ensure
proper protocols and standard operating procedures.
- Answer phones and correspond with clients and vendors as required.
- Monitor and prioritize administrative workflow for each department.
- Effectively communicate requirements and updates to internal and external customers, vendors, and
- Update and organize the team’s preconstruction, estimating, and project management schedules.
- Schedule meetings, create agendas, and document reoccurring team and client meetings.
- Keep company up to date on required licensing and documentation in operating areas.
- Acts as a liaison for our main office to resolve issues, improve output quality, and meet deadlines.
- Provide administrative support to preconstruction, project management, and executive leadership teams.
- Assist Director of Preconstruction with organization of bid opportunities and estimates.
- Organize and send out bid opportunities to subcontractors and vendors, and follow up with these organizations
- Organize pre-bid documents and bid packages (bonds, certificates of insurance, prerequisites, etc.)
- Candidate needs to be highly responsive, initiative-taking, organized, and detail oriented.
- Must have strong follow-up skills, ability to multi-task, and ability to deal with multiple demands and changing priorities.
- Strong work ethic, sense of urgency & willingness to get the job done.
- Ability to coach, train, and motivate employees.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, and investigative skills.
- Proficient use of computers and software programs including Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, and Word).
- Strong verbal and written communication including spelling, grammar, and proof reading.
Education & Experience:
- High school or equivalent required
- 1-3 years of work experience in an administrative/office management role preferred.
- Background in service or construction is a plus.
Normal office environment
Administrative support team